The Law Offices of Jonathan A. Veley, LLC are located in Newark, Ohio and have been serving clients state-wide since 1992. The firm provides legal services in a wide variety of practice areas including:
- Residential and commercial real estate, including the preparation of deeds, land installment contracts, leases, leases with options to purchase, mortgages.
- Commercial transactions, including contract negotiation, promissory notes, leases, and business formations (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships).
- Estate planning and administration, including willls, trusts, living wills, probate and non-probate matters.
- Litigation, including collections, foreclosures, probate litigation, evictions, both prosecution and defense, zoning.
- General counsel for clients, including assistance to homeowners’ associations, condominium associations.
The mission of the firm is to provide the highest quality legal solutions in a professional, relaxed setting to clients throughout Ohio. To that end, the firm promises its clients:
- Complete honesty and candor
- Faithful obedience to your lawful instructions, and
- Cost-effective implementation of legal expertise.
The firm’s philosophy is to assist the client not only with resolving the issue at hand, but to assist the client with formulating long-term solutions that will make future engagements more productive and less costly.
Jonathan A. Veley
Jonathan A. Veley was born in Columbus, Ohio in 1967 and has lived in Central Ohio his entire life. He graduated as class valedictorian from Westerville South High School in 1986, attended advanced college placement classes at Otterbein College, then attended Ohio University, where he graduated summa cum laude in 1989 from the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, Honors Tutorial College, B.S. Journalism. He was named Outstanding Journalism Student of the Year by the Scripps School in 1989.
Mr. Veley earned his law degree from The Ohio State University in 1992 and began practicing with the Newark law firm of Reese, Pyle, Drake & Meyer, PLL later that year. In early 1999 he established his own firm in Pataskala, Ohio, moving his new firm’s headquarters back to Newark in October, 2000. In late 2015, he relocated the firm from the Courthouse Square to its current location on Cherry Valley Road.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Mr. Veley is also a licensed title insurance agent qualified to handle residential and commercial real estate closings throughout Ohio. He is sole member of Jonathan Properties, Ltd., a company that invests in, and renovates residential and commercial real estate.
Mr. Veley is actively involved in collecting and restoring vintage fountain pens and mechanical pencils, and he regularly exhibits at several national pen shows across the country. He has established the Online Mechanical Pencil Museum as a resource to the pen and pencil collecting community. He has also written three books, each of which have become the authoritative works on the subject: The Catalogue of American Mechanical Pencils (2011), American Writing Instrument Patents 1799-1910 (2013), and American Writing Instrument Patents Volume 2: 1911-1945 (2013). In 2014, he accepted a position as Editor in Chief of The Pennant, the international publication of the Pen Collectors of America.
His other hobbies include riding his Indian motorcycle and tinkering with his classic cars: a 1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass, a 1963 Mercury Monterey and a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air.
Mr. Veley resides in Newark, Ohio, with his wife, Janet. They have three children and a grandchild.